Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year, 2016!




HUZZAH! The earth has successfully completed yet another orbit around the sun, to add to the 4.54 (± 0.05) billion or so already completed and Alas! it is another new calendar year. The last few months have been especially busy, as evidenced by the not-much-blogging-taking-place around here (I do post interesting items I run across fairly regularly on Twitter though, @HistoryGardner It is like a mini-blog of History Garden type stuff, so if you haven't checked it out and are looking for some new history content, follow me on Twitter!).

Rest assured, new content will be posted in the new year. Boston's HistoryCamp 2016 is coming up March 26, and I will posting my presentation ideas/drafts here before March (I hope)!

In the meantime, here are some postcards courtesy of the The Compass Point from 100 years ago in celebration of the then new year, 1916, some with cheerful themes and others, somber reminders of World War I. Then entering it's third year, some of the most brutal battles of the Western Front were to be fought later that year...













No comments:

Post a Comment